Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall Morning, Luxembourg Gardens


My busy and enjoyable week teaching an art history and sketchbook workshop in Paris ended last night with a celebratory dinner with my hardworking class (hours walking the Louvre and 6th arrondisement are exhilarating and also a rigorous mental and physical workout!)We enjoyed the last in a series of delicious dinners around town at the bustling art deco brasserie La Coupole. This morning I'm off alone for a quiet day revisiting favorite neighborhoods with my sketchbook and watercolors. I fly home to Vermont tomorrow, and look forward to posting my daily journal paintings again--beginning with a few looking back to an inspiring week in this beautiful city.

Click here for information on my May 2009 workshop "The Artist's Paris".

No comments: