Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cloud Shadows from Middle Road

Hard to believe, on a beautiful afternoon like this one, that just two days ago Hurricane Irene turned Vermont's hills into brooks, brooks into rivers, and rivers into raging floods.

Many thanks to all who wrote to check in--we're fine up here on our hill, but homes, stores, bridges and roads from the top to the bottom of the state have been damaged or lost. Fortunately, Vermonters are good at pulling together and rebuilding. And thank you again for your concern!

5 comments:

suzannepaints said...

So thankful to hear you reside on a hill. The painting is beautiful. All the best!

suzannepaints said...

So thankful to hear you reside on a hill. The painting is lovely. All the best!

Gillian Mowbray said...

A beautiful tranquil scene, Susan. You've had a very scary few days and I'm glad to know that you're okay. x

Susan Abbott said...

Thank you, Suzanne, I appreciate your good wishes!

Susan Abbott said...

Gillian, I really appreciate your writing. This a beautiful place. I live on the hill you can see across the valley--my road looks so unfamiliar to me from this far vantage point!